For those who couldn’t attend last Friday’s MAFN workshop, here’s a cartoon summary of what you missed.
My strategy included the following active and blended learning techniques:
– Doodling by everyone as folks were permitted to deface their name badges and create their logo/brand or a cartoon to describe who they are and/or why they were at this event.
– A group “rope trick” to demonstrate hands-on or kinesthetic learning.
– Several opportunities for THINK-PAIR-SHARE discussions
– A dramatic reading or “poetry jam” by Kurt K
– Storytelling about being a “misfit” toy on the island of mad scientists
– And two exercises where participants solved real life problems by thinking inside or outside a box.
Note: There were at least 16 geniuses available for consultation thru-out this workshop. Hmmmm … I think there were 16 evaluation sheets completed at the end of the morning as well.